Monday, February 23, 2009

The Next Best Thing

.!.


Impressive African Display
Impressive African Display

Recently, my family and I made a trip to Harrisburg PA to attend the Eastern Outdoor and Sports Show.  I have been at this show for the last 5 years and enjoy all it has to offer.  This was my families’ first year attending, and they were impressed as well, with all aspects of the show.   I had my doubts in taking Nate (my 5 yr old son) to the show but, I soon realized he would have a great time with the many activities the show has for children.

Display at the Cableas Booth
Cabela's Mountain Lion

Jason getting up close and personal with a Cape Buffalo
Jason, Up Close and Personal with a Cape Buffalo

My son Nate and I with a big Brown Bear mount
Nate and I with a huge Brown Bear

Saturday, my wife and kid made plans to visit family in Myerstown PA, while I attended the show.  I hung around the booth, and had the opportunity to visit with many members and sponsors of this site.   Upon arrival at the PSP booth, I was taken back.   Estemerwalt Log Homes did a beautiful job on this booth and after going around the show several times, I believe it was one of the most impressive sets at the show.  It was no surprise, there were several vendors asking about the booth before, during, and after the show.  During the show, the PSP booth was a busy place.  First and foremost, it was great seeing so many people stopping by to sign up and become a member of this site.  I’m excited at the number of people we signed up, and look forward to talking with all of you on the forum boards.  Aside from that, there was a constant flow of outdoor celebrities stopping by for their video cast interviews, and many people stopping to check out the 50 caliber at the booth for the East Coast Gun Sales giveaway.  It was a great way to spend my Saturday and I was looking forward to bringing my family on Sunday.

There were big bucks everywhere at this show
Some Impressive Sets Of Antlers

Upon arrival Sunday, our first stop was going to be at the PSP booth.  We were early, and I wanted to introduce my wife to the staff manning the booth.  After the introductions, we were off to see as much of the show as we could before it got busy.  As you can see from the pictures, there were many impressive mounts at the show, and both my wife and son seemed to enjoy naming all the animals they saw.  After roaming through many halls of the complex, we found a trout fishing pond.  Nate was excited to try his hand at catching at least one of the many fish in the pool.  After a couple of unsuccessful tries, Nate decided they didn’t have the right bait so we gave up for some paintball shooting.  At the paintball shooting booth, Nate enjoyed taking out several of the Styrofoam targets and was soon ready to move on.  It was soon time to start our long ride home, and we wanted to stop back at the booth to say our “good-bye’s” so we only had time for one more activity.  Nate saw the mechanical bull, and knew the wanted to give it a try.  Though he isn’t destined to be on the PBR, he had a good time and probably did better than his dad would do.  As you could see, the Eastern Outdoor Show has something for everyone, and both my wife and son are looking forward to coming back next year.



Nate trying hard to catch a trout
Nate Trying Hard To Catch a Fish

Nate riding the bull

No comments:

Post a Comment