Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Family, Friends and PA Outdoors

Hello fellow outdoorsmen.  My name is Michael Bell and I am from northwest Pennsylvania.  I’m looking forward to sharing and putting in writing my experiences in the outdoors this coming year.  My two passions in life are Family and the outdoor sports.  I am a husband and father of one 3 year old boy.


Mike's Family


My two favorite outdoor activities are archery hunting and fishing the streams of PA.  That being said, I like anything dealing with the woods and or the water.  Unfortunately in the past, I haven’t kept a journal, but I will share some of my favorite photos from the recent past.  Again these are in no particular order but are some pictures of my favorite hunts and fishing trips.


Mike Hunting
Mike's Big Buck
Mike Big Buck
Mike Coyote
Mike's Dad's Turkey
Mike's Steelhead
Mike Bell Steelhead Fishing
Mike's First Trout of the season
Mike's Bass
Mike's Pike
Frog Catching


Currently, I have been practicing with my bow almost daily and doing a little scouting for the upcoming archery season.  Pictured below is the weapon I will be using this season.  It will be the same as the previous two seasons:  a Matthews Switchback (05), Trophy Taker Shaky Hunter rest, G5 sight, Gold Tip Arrows, and a Scott Mongoose release.  The only thing I am going to change this year is that I will be trying the Slick Trick Magnum 4 blade broadheads.


Mike's Bow


Also I am tying flies to replace the ones I had lost on the tribs last year.  This is where I realize just how many thumbs I have.  Though I am not very fast or good at tying, I do enjoy it and the fish don’t seem to mind the lack of professionalism incorporated in these flies.  It is a great way to spend a few hours and will save you a few bucks in the long run.  Here is a pic of my current selection of steelhead flies, most of the egg patterns are my ties.


Mike's Steelhead Flys


To finish up I would like to say I am excited to be able to contribute by writing journal entries on this great web sight.  Thanks to the owners for this opportunity and good luck to everyone on your outdoor ventures.  Until next time, good luck and be safe.
Mike Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment